Sunday, January 28, 2007

Sunny Sunday - Day Three

What a wonderful day! We had a total of 1007 patient interactions today, which meant over 400 medical visits. I ended up working in the medical tent where all of the doctors were seeing patients. There were three of us that ended up having to organize the flow of patients for the day, basically making it up as we went along. It was extremely challenging as none of us had any experience doing anything of the like, but we made it work. I can honestly say at the end of the day we truly felt like we had made an impact. We had face-to-face time with every single patient that came through that medical tent, every single one completely grateful for our time and service. We were just happy to be down here, helping out however we could. I am EXHAUSTED. We're back at it tomorrow morning at 0500, with bells on.

Tomorrow's forecast, partly sunny high of 50.

I would love to elaborate on the details of the day, but I'm truly so tired, I may fall out of my chair. I'm going to try and jot down tidbits in my journal so I don't forget it all.

Have a great week!

No comments: