Friday, May 04, 2007

No Longer an Embryo. . .

It's now a FETUS.

For those of you who don't know already, I'm 11 weeks pregnant. . .I can hear the gasps of horror. I know, it's truly unbelievable. . .I have to remind myself occasionally that I'm supposed to provide for someone other than myself in less than nine months. I guess more like seven months? I go from stages of being totally elated to being completely terrified. Which I hear is thankfully normal.


I was extremely thankful that I didn't have loads of nausea and vomiting in the first couple months. I did have nausea, and still do, but nothing like what I assumed I was destined for since my mother had morning/afternoon/night sickness. So far so good. We go for our first appointment with the midwife on Tuesday and I'm once again excited and terrified. I think being a nurse has put me in the position of knowing just enough to be dangerous. I know just how many things can go wrong between now and delivery, and it amazes me that there are as many babies coming out with all of it's parts and pieces as there are. I mean, it's a freakishly alien process. Just crazy.

So, I couldn't NOT blog about this anymore, so this is my first. There really isn't much to describe though. My belly has actually popped a bit, but I believe I had a little head start in that department pre-pregnancy. I can be ravenously hungry, nauseous and bloated all in a matter of three minutes. I'm sad some days, can't stop smiling others. Oh, and I'm basically back in adolescence as far as the acne goes. That's great fun. A little blast from the past. Kent and I will gladly accept all the good vibes that you want to send because we're gonna need it!

6 comments:

koo' said...

oooooooooooooooooooooooh my gawd i had no idea...

YEY!

disstraktor said...

kommentator "4Nocean" is plus >8 million< for additions

Anonymous said...

yeehaw!! very cool naz, congrats to you an yo man. go team go!

Anonymous said...

You are going to be AMAZING parents!!! Many good vibes coming from the schwarzenfeld household (not that you really need it :)).

koo' said...

if you call the baby mandela, it will be mandela nelson.

so happy for you.

damn this kid will be tall.

and awesome!

koo' said...

also, i was just thinking. my sister in laws dad is officially called brian. but everyone calls him brad. why? brian + dad = brad.