Monday, September 17, 2007

Incubation


So I just passed my gestational diabetes test. I failed one blood glucose, but not two. Two would mean I'd be officially, but temporarily diabetic. One means. . .I don't know, but according to the nurse it's "not urgent", and my midwife will talk to me about diet at our next appt. Hmmm. . .does this mean NO yellow cake with chocolate frosting? I'm confused. So I've been the model food pyramid and eaten all, well mostly good things for at least a week now. Which ain't bad considering I've wanted to dive into a tub of doughnuts for the most part.
We did get to see another ultrasound last week, which was completely crazy. I mean, you look at it in disbelief. "You can't be serious?!". So from that ultrasound we have the latest picture of our boy, in utero. . .

I mean, what? How is this even possible. Next he'll be flashing a peace sign or something. He's still moving around like crazy, which is a good thing because "it's indicative of fetal well being" - however, my uterus may disagree. Sometimes I wonder if he's not going to bust through like that scene from Alien or something. But I'm encouraged and relieved. Things are going well, the pregnancy has gone very quickly, and as far as anyone can tell, we're having a healthy baby, and that's pretty cool.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

love ya naz. :)

Anonymous said...

The baby looks beautiful (even in sepia tone).

If I can be helpful by eating by eating a tub of donuts myself on your behalf I will be happy to do so.

If you need anything let me know.
Best wishes and much love.

koo' said...

dude, there's like a FACE... and there's colors...

also, he's well good looking, as we say in the ukay.

i mean.... how!?

koo' said...

i meant "how" regarding the ultra sound

not the "how" regarding good looking

you get me, right?

koo' said...

any progress?